Social Services Involvement

We know that it is very upsetting when Social Services become involved and even more so if your child is placed into foster care. We therefore aim to deal with matters in a sympathetic way. However we also feel that it is important that you are fully informed throughout and therefore we will always be open and honest. 

At Symes Bains Broomer we have an excellent team who all have experience in guiding parents and other family members through this difficult process. There are a lot of technical legal terms and procedure which we can guide you through. We can also explain any medical terms in easy to understand language. 

Our team are able to represent you at Court and also have a good working relationship with local barristers to represent you if necessary.

There is legal aid available for parents when Social Services are involved and they are considering or have issued care proceedings.  Also in limited circumstances, legal aid can be available for other family members such as grandparents, older siblings, aunties and uncles. We would therefore urge you to give us a call so that we can help you through this difficult time.